You can manage and control your Android device from your laptop or desktop PC. It allows you to open mobile apps on the PC display, receive and send messages on the big screen of your Mac, Windows, or Linux PC, and play mobile games on your computer. For a distant job, you may also need software to control your office desktop from home. This article covers the 3 most effective PC phone management programs.
How to Access Android Phone From PC Remotely with AirDroid?
AirDroid is an easy-to-use and efficient program to control your Android phone from your PC (it has a free or Premium account). The software tool is cross-platform: you can install the app on your Mac or PC, use the web app through a browser on Windows, macOS, or Linux devices.
AirDroid allows you to mirror Android phone apps and functions to PC. With the help of this application, you can establish a USB or Wi-Fi pairing between PC and phone. The GUI of the program is presented as a regular PC desktop, and access to cameras, files, messages, videos, and music is provided.
How to Use Remote Desktop on Android with AnyDesk?
AnyDesk allows you to remotely control your PC desktop from your phone, and it is free for personal use. Follow the next steps:
- At first, install AnyDesk on your phone, Windows PC/laptop, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, or Chrome OS.
- Open the PC application and configure the access settings. In the Security section, select actions that can be performed from the phone.
AnyDesk helps you remotely connect your Android phone to your office PC. The program allows you to remotely control your computer desktop from home or transport.
How to Use Remote Access on Android from PC with USB Network Gate?
USB Network Gate is a program to manage all USB devices connected to OTG enabled phone. It is not free but has a 14-day trial.
With this tool, you can control your Android 5.0 and above phone from a PC or laptop running the following OSs:
- Linux RPM-based;
- Linux DEB-based;
- Debian ARMv7.
USB Network Gate provides access to your phone, Android tablet, or storage device on your local network and over the Internet. Devices connected to the phone will be visible on the PC.
Follow the next steps:
- Download and install USB Network Gate on your PC and Android phone.
- Connect PC and Android phone with OTG cable. Root access is required for USB Network Gate to function properly!
- Run the Configure USB Network module. Go to the Local USB devices tab. Click Share to remotely access your Android phone;
- Launch the app on your Android phone or tablet. Click the Remote USB tab. The mobile device will be available for remote access from a PC.
- You can see the list of connected devices on the Remote USB devices tab.
ApowerMirror is the Remote Android Desktop for PC or Laptop
ApowerMirror software is designed to mirror your phone on the Mac or Windows PC screen. It is not free, it has a trial for only 1 device. The screen mirroring time in the trial version is limited to 10 minutes, and the screen recording time limit is 3 minutes. Another great feature is that ApowerMirror supports a gaming keyboards for Android games.
The program allows to remotely access Android phone functions from PC:
- Send messages and notifications;
- Transfer files;
- Take screenshots;
- Record video from the screen.
Now follow the next steps:
- After downloading ApowerMirror, select your connection type: Wi-Fi or USB. Pair your phone and computer.
- In General settings section you need to enable the following:
1. Run on startup
2. Calls, messages, and apps notifications
3. Dark UI
- Select the screen resolution, FPS, and render mode in Phone mirror settings.
- Open Capturing settings. Select the format of screenshots (JPG or PNG) and the folder where the program will save screenshots.
- Select the screen recording format (the default is MP4).