Teams is a messenger from Microsoft that millions of customers use daily to do work and business. You can consider Teams as a Slack replica made by the same company that does Windows and Office. Unlike Slack, Teams has two variants: one for regular consumers and one for business. Windows 11 has the former built-in, which means every computer with Windows 11 comes with Microsoft Teams.
Although Teams is very popular among business customers, very few home users prefer Teams to iMessage, WhatsApp, or any other well-established messenger. Therefore, many users search for how to uninstall Microsoft Teams from a laptop or PC. Here is how.
Can I Uninstall Microsoft Teams?
The short answer is yes. Here is how you can uninstall Microsoft Teams:
- If you use Windows 11, you need to remove Teams (also known as Chat) from the taskbar, where it sits by default. First, find the Teams icon in the tray and right-click it. Select Quit.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Win + I or using Windows Search. You can also right-click the Start menu button and select Settings.
- Go to Personalization > Taskbar.
- Find the Chat option and toggle it off. It is important to disable Chat. Otherwise, Microsoft Teams will keep hogging resources on your computer and reinstalling itself.
- Open the Start menu and click All Apps.
- Find Microsoft Teams with the T letter on a white background and right-click it.
- Select Uninstall and confirm your action.
That is how you uninstall Microsoft Teams from Windows 11.
How to Delete Microsoft Teams from Windows 10/11?
The uninstalling procedure is slightly different if you use Microsoft Teams for work (you downloaded the app from the official website) and want to delete it. This part of the article applies to all Windows versions that officially support Microsoft Teams.
- Press Win + R and type Control to launch the legacy Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Open the Programs and Features section if you use large or small icons.
- Scroll down the list of available applications and find Microsoft Teams. The app will have the letter T on a violet background. That is how you distinguish Microsoft Teams for home users from teams for work or school.
- Click Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Wait for Windows to uninstall Microsoft Teams from a laptop or PC.
That is how you delete Microsoft Teams. If you want to restore the app, head to the official Microsoft Teams website and download it. For home use, go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and enable Chat. Click the Chat icon on the taskbar and wait for Windows to set up the application.