How do I turn off Siri on my headphones to read out incoming messages and app alerts? There is a straightforward way to get rid of the annoying voice assistant. You will learn about it in our instruction, which we have compiled mainly for you.
Siri is the voice assistant in Apple devices. This system is integrated into the iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook, Mac Mini, Apple Watch, and AirPods. The application uses human speech processing and gives recommendations, answers the user’s questions, and performs given operations. In addition, Siri adjusts to each user by learning their preferences, resulting in different answers to the same questions for multiple users.
This smart assistant only works on Apple iOS or macOS devices. Here’s an extensive list of devices on which you can disable Siri from reading messages and notifications:
- AirPods Max;
- AirPods (2nd generation);
- AirPods Pro;
- Powerbeats Pro;
- Beats Solo Pro;
- iPhone with iOS 15;
- Mac with macOS 10.14.
Apple device users often question how to disable Siri from AirPods and block reading messages. This is not surprising because often, the voice assistant begins to get in the way.
You need to pair your headphones and iPhone with iOS 15 or iPad with iPadOS 15 to work correctly.
Ready to figure out how to turn off Siri on your headphones? Siri can set up this option as you like. There are several settings to choose from. First, personalize how the assistant works! It’s easier than it looks at first glance.
- Open the device settings;
- Scroll down the menu to the tab with the name of the assistant;
- Make sure the voice assistant is turned on (one or both toggle buttons next to “Hello…” and “Call Home/Side Button” are activated).
And now we come close to how to disable Siri on AirPods. First, find the “Announce Notifications” section on the menu.
You can turn this option off completely. Just toggle the “Announce Notifications” toggle switch to the inactive position. If you turn off the opportunity, the assistant will not say the text of notifications aloud (with or without headphones).
If you want to listen to notifications, but only in normal mode, without headphones, it is better to leave this option on. The assistant will read out the text, trying not to interrupt you, and after reading it will listen to see if there is a command to act.
Now you know one of the popular ways to disable message reading and other features on Siri. However, if you still want to keep the voice alert option but not in AirPods, you need to follow additional steps.
- Scroll down the menu below to the “Announce when connected to…” block;
- There is a toggle switch opposite the “Headphones” parameter. You need to turn it off (so that the green backlight disappears).
It is enough to click a few buttons to disable Siri if it reads messages in AirPods. Don’t forget that you can configure Siri to read Siri notifications for each app installed on the device.
- How to find printer IP address? - 20.03.2023
- How to fix ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID? - 20.03.2023
- How to Fix Side by side Configuration is Incorrect in Windows 10/11? - 13.03.2023