Modern iPhones keep their status indicators in small “ears” to the left and right of the FaceID sensors. Unlike iPhones with TouchID, that area is crammed and has very little space to display all possible indicators. Therefore, iPhones do not display battery percentage by default, requiring users to Google how to enable battery percentage on iPhone. This article will show you how to do that using three different methods for different tastes.
It is important to note that you can enable battery percentage on iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone X, and other iPhones with FaceID only after updating to iOS 16 or newer. Moreover, some iPhones, such as iPhone 12 mini, support battery percentage only on iOS 16.1 and newer. Therefore, make sure your iPhone runs the latest iOS version before proceeding. Note that iPhones with TouchID do not require updating to iOS 16 to enable battery percentage — you can jump straight to method 1.
To update your iPhone to a newer iOS version, go to Settings > General > Software update, then download and install all available updates.
Enable Battery Percentage on iPhone – Method 1
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the Battery section.
- Toggle on the Battery Percentage option.
Now you can see your iPhone battery percentage in any part of the operating system, including the lock screen. Still, many users think the battery percentage in iOS 16 does not look good. If you are one of such users, there are other methods to make your iPhone display battery percentage, albeit not in a traditional way.
How to Enable Battery Percentage on iPhone – Method 2
A convenient widget on the lock screen is another way to enable battery percentage on iPhone 12 or any other FaceID-equipped iPhone. It will ensure you know the exact battery percentage of your iPhone whenever you pick up your device.
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the notification center. Tap and hold anywhere to launch edit mode.
- Tap Customize, then select Lock Screen.
- Scroll down the list of available widgets and tap Batteries.
- Select the wide widget with a battery percentage and place it wherever convenient. Tap it even if it shows another device, such as your Apple Watch.
- Tap the widget once again and uncheck the Automatic option. This will ensure the widget always displays your iPhone battery percentage, not your Apple Watch, AirPods, or other devices.
- Select your iPhone from the Devices list.
- Tap Done.
That is how you enable battery percentage on iPhone, specifically on its lock screen. Note that the battery percentage will also appear in the notification center.
Enable Battery Percentage on iPhone – Method 3
Finally, you can add a widget to the home screen to enable battery percentage on iPhone 11 and other models, including those with TouchID.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the home screen to enable edit mode.
- Tap the button with a plus icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of available widgets and find Batteries.
- Select the wide widget and tap Add.
Now you can see your iPhone battery percentage on the home screen.