FaceTime is a great opportunity delivered by the Apple developers to always and everywhere stay in touch without additional expenses for communication, especially it may be relevant if your contacts or you are in another country and usual audio or video call may entail additional expenses.
However, sometimes there are situations when the application does not work correctly or hangs up. In some cases, it is enough to simply turn the application on again. But if the problem repeats several times, try to reset your Apple device.
If even this was not enough, then we recommend paying attention to the following possible causes:
- Poor signal or no internet connection. Check whether your iPhone or other MAC device is connected to the Internet and check the quality of the Internet connection. If your device is not connected to the Internet, connect to an available network and restart FaceTime;
- FaceTime service is not available in your area. This is a common reason why some users have the application not working on their iPhone devices. Go to the Apple support page to make sure that FaceTime is available in your country with your cell provider;
- Your device does not support FaceTime. If you have a device below the fourth generation, the service will not work properly because it doesn’t support FaceTime;
- You may have an old version of the application installed. Go to the Apple Store and install the current version of the program;
- Issues with iOS 15 (beta). Since iOS 15 version is still in beta testing mode, issues with FaceTime can sometimes be caused by the instability of the device software itself. In this case, you need to wait for the final stable version of the software;
- Peculiarities of FaceTime. Often the issue with the FaceTime service is related to the fact that the application does not recognize emoji for the contact you are trying to call.
In this case, you need to change the name of the contact for the application to work correctly:
- Go to Contacts on your Apple device and select the contact you want to call in FaceTime.
- In the top-right corner, click “Edit” and delete all the emojis from the name and save the changes by clicking “Save” button.
- After these manipulations, restart FaceTime and make the call again.
- Reset the network settings (open Settings and then go to the Basic section).
- Tap “Reset” and then tap “Reset Network Settings“;
If there have been problems with the network, this will help solve the problem.
If none of the above helped to resolve the issue of FaceTime malfunction, the most drastic way to solve it is to update or restore the firmware of your iPhone. Maybe, your iPhone has not been updated to the current version of the software. The easiest way to do this is to use Tenorshare ReiBoot software.
How to do it? Follow the instructions below, but before doing so, don’t forget to back up all your data and save it to iCloud:
- You need to download and install the Tenorshare ReiBoot app on your computer;
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and run Tenorshare ReiBoot;
- In the window opened, click the “Start” button and then select “Standard Repair“;
- The program will suggest you download the current firmware version, click “Download” here;
- Then click “Start Standard Repair” to complete the process;
Thus, the FaceTime application should work correctly flawlessly.
Now you know how to solve the problem with incorrect FaceTime work on your iPhone by yourself and quickly. It is enough to follow a few simple steps, which are described in this instruction.